You can head over to the download section to grab NDeSmuME Version 0.9.11 for both Mac OSX and WinXP, Vista & Windows 7. Some time has passed since the latest release of the DeSmuME emulator, but behind the scenes the development has not stopped. With this new release comes brand new Cocoa frontend designed to make selecting roms and playing more pleasant for Mac OSX users and the 0.9.9 version is finally compatible with Mountain Lion - both sound and video should work fine. Also a number of important bug fixes have been implemented. Compatibility has improved. Win32 nosse2 binary for Windows has had an updated
Best Mac emulators guide: Emulate arcade games with MAME. Having started life as a Pac-Man emulator in 1997, MAME has grown into a project that aims to preserve the entirety of arcade game history. Best Android Emulators for Mac OS and Mackbook all detailed in this content and free for usage. In literal meaning, when you take about emulators, maybe emulating someone else’s behavior, it means that you want to simulate or gain his characters or his/her special purpose. So, in computing, Emulators simply means when a computer device. Emulators on: Windows Linux Macintosh Consoles iOS (iPhone) Android Windows Mobile Others Other Releases Music Hacks Savestates Cheats Movies Translations ROMs (Public Domain) Frontends Technical Documents Extenders Utilities: General Auditing Cheating Development Game Modification Music Playback / Manipulation Plugins Affiliates Game Hacking.org.
Also read: 6 Best iOS Emulator For Windows To Build & Run iOS Apps Top 15 Gaming Emulators for Mac Computers 1. Virtual PC for Mac. This emulator by Microsoft aims to emulate Windows OS on your Mac giveing you the freedom to run those programs specifical for Windows OS that you can not use on your Mac OS. Best iOS Emulators for Mac. Many people might find this ironic, but if you are a Mac user and still want to test your iOS apps to ensure that they are working the way they are supposed to, then the iOS emulator for Mac is what you need.
Release DeSmuME 0.9.9 mainly focuses on DS emulation bug fixes and adding new features for to homebrew enthusiasts and game developers. Most regular users will surely notice that nds rom compatibility has greatly increased and that games like Pokemon Black and Pokemon White work on DeSmuME without any need for patches or action replay cheat codes. There are far less crashes and general emulator substantially has greatly improved.
Before switching to the latest version of the emulator be sure to create backups for all your important game saves, as there could be some incompatible save game files do to broken crc logic. So please make a back up of your DSV files so they do not get overwritten.
Apple Mac OSX users that make use of gtk, cli and gtk-glade frontends for DeSmuME DS emulator take note that there are some little changes like we have moved all configuration files and savestate / save game files to ~/.config/desmume . Files like .desmume.ini will be moved to the new directory automatically, but you have to manually copy individual DeSmuME save game files om Mac OSX.
NDeSmuME 0.4.0 (by NDS) Fixes :
- Corrected bug in the 3D
- Corrected a bug in the menu
- Added the function Open and Execute
- Improved the speed of execution (of 2 fps)
- Reduced the key rom
In the source:
- Corrected of the bug that did not allow to make to execute the emulatore.
DeSmuME version number has changed to 0.4.0 instead of continuing to 0.3.8 to avoid confusion it seems and also Normmatt said his final release will be 0.5.0 so we may be looking at possibly 10 or more releases from him.
DeSmuME 0.3.6 Italian developer 'NDS' improved a bug in the 0.3.3 version of DeSmuME. 0.3.6. is an improvement to 0.3.4. New in 'NDS' update to emulator:
- Added one key in order to play with some ds roms.
- Improved emulation speed (little 3 to 4 frames).
- Improved the compatibility with the nds roms.
Akxiv: 'After long time I made a new Translation to German (built 0.4.0) also added the german flag and the N in the icon xD. Greetings Akxiv' DownloadUpdated DeSmuME + NDS ROMs compatibility list nove goes up to # 0516 +
In other news - there is another unofficial DeSmuME release called NDeSmuME. (and you thought the name was already complicated enough :) Whats new in nDeSmuME: Qoting NDS from GBArl: 'I have improved of the bug in the version the 0.3.3 stable of the DeSmuMe having carried it to the version 0.3.6 (improvements brings to you from version 0.3.4 obviously not are here). Arrived to the version the 0.5.0 firm plan. After that many have advised me to modify the name to the emulatore in order not to create confusion I have decided to call it NDeSmuMe. Download NDeSmuME
Normmatt has coded a new unofficial version of DeSmuME. Build Version 0.3.4 from 04/24/2006 adds Save state and preliminary SRAM save support to nds roms emulation. Sorry - no sound yet. To get the latest files go to download section.
Thanks to Akxiv's translation GERMAN version of DeSmuME 0.3.3 has been released and in addition to that DeSmuME Beschreibung - Hilfe & Support - that is user manual in German has been published on our site.
Do to change in French laws regarding emulation YopYop has decided to stop development of DeSmuME Nintendo DS emulator but that doesn't mean that it is obsolete - all programmers are welcomes to pick up where Yopyop left off. Pick up the latest stable version of DeSmuME's source code - release is in downloads section. Yopyop said: 'It’s release under GPL. I have just removed the new 3D engine because it’s too much bugged. Hopefully it will be helpful for some of you.'
DeSmuME is up to it's third official release. This Nintendo DS emulator is starting to run (with some graphic glitches) a lot of commercial NDS game roms at a decent speed. More work has been put in correcting CARD_REG bugs in this version. Download DeSmuME version 0.3
For the next release, YopYop will be working on graphic problems which should greatly help the playability of some games.
Vesions 0.0.3 and 0.3 have been translated to english. You can now grab the English release at the download page » Download DeSmuME 0.3.3 in English
If you are looking for a really good emulation system that works for GBA and DS, then you should check out the WinDS PRO. This emulator has been dubbed as one of the best PC emulator installer packs for the Nintendo Dual Screen (NDS) and the DSi ROMs. The WinDS PRO can capture majority of the features of the NDS, including controls, graphics, and its ability to integrate the DS ROMS with the Windows Operating System. You can customize basic controls such as A-B buttons and directions using the keyboard. It also lets you use the touch pad with the help of the mouse pointer.
Pokemon emulator Android MyBoy! full .apk file download.
Change log : Authorize the use of DMA with 16 bits registers < BR > Correction of car_reg
WARNING COULD BE A LITTLE BIT INSTABLE DUE TO TEST CODE
Screenshots of working games so you know which nds roms to test - http://lusspace.free.fr/desmume/
The author released a small update of DeSmuME's 3D build. It fixes the bug that prevented textures bigger than 128x128 to be used. You can download the latest version here.
DeSmuME's 3D build has been updated with a few changes. Here's what has been added :
Added support for 256 colors textures
Added support for 16 colors textures
Added support for 4 colors textures
DeSmuME is a new Nintendo DS emulator.
Emulates both CPUs
Direct DMA (not on VBlank or others)
Supports only Mode 0
No support for extended palettes - sorting of backgrounds and sprites
Part of SWI
Does not emulate commercial game mainly because of CARD_REG
Emulates pretty well Meteos's demo but there is a small problem with the mouse
Mode 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are now available.
New version will be available with sprite implementation
Some screen shots of devkitpro example
Here's some wip screen shots of new tools added to the next version
Text background are quite well supported (16, 256, ext pal ...)
And corrected BL instruction in thumb mode
WIP version without the new 2D engine
Drop a message on the forum if you find a bug in the tools.
Remote debug live content on an Android device from your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. This tutorial teaches you how to:
- Set up your Android device for remote debugging, and discover it fromyour development machine.
- Inspect and debug live content on your Android device from your developmentmachine.
- Screencast content from your Android device onto a DevTools instance on yourdevelopment machine.
Step 1: Discover your Android device
The workflow below works for most users. See Troubleshooting: DevTools is not detecting theAndroid device for more help.
- Open the Developer Options screen on your Android. See Configure On-Device DeveloperOptions.
- Select Enable USB Debugging.
- On your development machine, open Chrome.
- Go to
Make sure that the Discover USB devices checkbox is enabled.
Connect your Android device directly to your development machine using a USBcable. The first time you do this, you usually see that DevTools has detectedan offline device. If you see the model name of your Android device, thenDevTools has successfully established the connection to your device. Continueto Step 2.
If your device is showing up as Offline, accept the Allow USBDebugging permission prompt on your Android device.
Troubleshooting: DevTools is not detecting the Android device
Make sure that your hardware is set up correctly:
- If you're using a USB hub, try connecting your Android device directly to yourdevelopment machine instead.
- Try unplugging the USB cable between your Android device and development machine, andthen plugging it back in. Do it while your Android and development machine screensare unlocked.
- Make sure that your USB cable works. You should be able to inspect files on your Android devicefrom your development machine.
Make sure that your software is set up correctly:
- If your development machine is running Windows, try manually installing the USB drivers foryour Android device. See Install OEM USB Drivers.
- Some combinations of Windows and Android devices (especially Samsung) require extraset up. See Chrome DevTools Devices does not detect device when plugged in.
If you don't see the Allow USB Debugging prompt on your Android device try:
- Disconnecting and then re-connecting the USB cable while DevTools is in focus onyour development machine and your Android homescreen is showing. In other words,sometimes the prompt doesn't show up when your Android or development machine screensare locked.
- Updating the display settings for your Android device and developmentmachine so that they never go to sleep.
- Setting Android's USB mode to PTP. See Galaxy S4 does not show Authorize USB debuggingdialog box.
- Select Revoke USB Debugging Authorizations from the Developer Options screen on yourAndroid device to reset it to a fresh state.
If you find a solution that is not mentioned in this section or in Chrome DevTools Devicesdoes not detect device when plugged in, please add an answer to that StackOverflow question, or open an issue in the webfundamentals repository!
Step 2: Debug content on your Android device from your development machine
- Open Chrome on your Android device.
chrome://inspect/#devices, you see your Android device's modelname, followed by its serial number. Below that, you can see the version ofChrome that's running on the device, with the version number in parentheses.Each open Chrome tab gets its own section. You can interact with that tabfrom this section. If there are any apps using WebView, you see a section foreach of those apps, too. In Figure 5 there are no tabs or WebViewsopen.
In the Open tab with url text box, enter a URL and then click Open. The page opensin a new tab on your Android device.
Click Inspect next to the URL that you just opened. A new DevToolsinstance opens. The version of Chrome running on your Android devicedetermines the version of DevTools that opens on your development machine.So, if your Android device is running a very old version of Chrome, theDevTools instance may look very different than what you're used to.
More actions: pause, focus tab, reload, or close a tab
Below the URL you can find a menu to pause, focus tab, reload or close.
Go to the Elements panel of your DevTools instance, and hover over anelement to highlight it in the viewport of your Android device.
You can also tap an element on your Android device screen to select it in theElements panel. Click Select Element on your DevTools instance, and then tapthe element on your Android device screen. Note that Select Elementis disabled after the first touch, so you need to re-enable it every timeyou want to use this feature.
Screencast your Android screen to your development machine
Click Toggle Screencast to view the content of your Android device in your DevTools instance.
You can interact with the screencast in multiple ways:
- Clicks are translated into taps, firing proper touch events on the device.
- Keystrokes on your computer are sent to the device.
- To simulate a pinch gesture, hold Shift while dragging.
- To scroll, use your trackpad or mouse wheel, or fling with your mousepointer.
Some notes on screencasts:
- Screencasts only display page content. Transparent portions of the screencast represent device interfaces, such as the Chrome address bar, the Android status bar, or the Android keyboard.
- Screencasts negatively affect frame rates. Disable screencasting whilemeasuring scrolls or animations to get a more accurate picture of yourpage's performance.
- If your Android device screen locks, the content of your screencastdisappears. Unlock your Android device screen to automatically resume thescreencast.