iFaith, codenamed Project iF, is now available for download. iFaith can save SHSH blobs for any old iOS firmware currently installed on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You can download iFaith SHSH blobs dumping tool for Windows and Mac from below.
IFaith, like the more famous TinyUmbrella utility, is a tool that allows you to save your SHSH blobs for later use. But that’s pretty much where the similarities end. While TinyUmbrella fetches the SHSH blobs from Apple’s server, iFaith will extract them directly from your device.
- I'm working with @Djayb6 on getting iFaith fully ported to Mac OS. I can't provide an ETA as to when it will be available, but keep an eye out for it!:) A5(X)/A6(X) Support?!: Devices equipped with the A5(X)/A6(X) processor do not currently have any known low level iBoot or DFU exploits to jump start the iFaith payload to initialize the dump.
- IH8Sn0w has pointed out that the iFaith Mac version is under develpmnet, however, there is no predicted when will be released to the public. Download iFaith 1.5.9 for Windows. If you want to download iFaith 1.5.9 – navigate to our download section here. Run iFaith 1.5.9 on Windows 8.
What is an SHSH blob?
An SHSH is a secure signature hash. It’s used to verify the iOS version you’re running. Without these signatures you might not be able to downgrade to an older firmware. Basically its a unique key for each device. To avoid a lengthy discussion, you need to Save SHSH blobs.
What is iFaith?
You can save SHSH blobs for the latest firmware only, because Apple stop signing older firmware as soon as a newer one is out. Tools like TinyUmbrella and Cydia are already good at saving latest firmware SHSH blobs. iFaith, however, is the first application that can save SHSH blobs of an older firmware/iOS *currently installed on your idevice* and creates a pre-signed IPSW.
Programs like TinyUmbrella and Cydia are able to store SHSH blobs but are limited in capabilities. These programs do not allow physical retrieval of SHSH blobs and they only can retrieve SHSH blobs that are currently signed by Apple. For this reason, the SHSH blobs are on a time constraint.
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G Running iOS 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, and iOS 4.3.3.
iFaith is available for the Windows. Mac version is still ind development. Latest version is always available here. You can download iFaith from here:
Download iFaith 1.4
Supports iOS 5.0, iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 4.x.x.
Download iFaith 1.4 for Windows [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Download iFaith 1.2.1
Added iPod Touch 2G Dumping capability (MC-Model users recommened), IPSW Creation for iPod Touch 2G is still a work in progress. Fixed exe compression issues (resulting in many DFU loops on IPSW creation). Fixed any Windows XP issues.
Download iFaith 1.2.1 for Windows [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Download iFaith 1.1
Download iFaith 1.1 for Windows [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Download iFaith 1.0
Download iFaith for Windows [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Download iFaith for Mac [Coming Soon!]
You can follow us on Twitter, Google Buzz, Facebook, and Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.
Last Updated: July 9th, 2012
iH8sn0w has released his mystery project,iFaith which enables you to save SHSH blobs of your old firmwares which Apple has closed signing.
Devices supported by iFaith:
iPod Touch 4G, 3G,iPhone 4, 3GS and iPad.No iPad 2 support.
With iFaith you can downgrade your idevice to lower firmware even if you don’t have SHSH blobs of older firmware.Interesting Isn’t it!
Currently iFaith is available only for Windows but Mac version will also come up soon.
How does iFaith works:
iFaith backs up SHSH blobs of older firmware from users idevice and then stores to its own remote server for a back up.Users can create their custom iOS .ipsw files using those SHSH blobs.
Download iFaith For Windows
How to save SHSH blobs with iFaith
1. To save SHSH blobs of your older firmware first you need to download iFaith from the above given link.Open iFaith then click on Click Dump SHSH Blobs >> Proceed >> Let’s Go.
2. Put your idevice in DFU Mode.
What is DFU Mode and how to put idevice in DFU Mode
DFU means Device Firmware Update.
Is Ifaith For Mac Os
To put idevice in DFU Mode hold on power button and home button together for 10 seconds,then release the power button.
Faith Formation Cc
3. Now,iFaith will start dumping SHSH blob and when done will ask you to save SHSH blob.Done 🙂