- I want to install Mac OS X using iatkos v4i. I have an HP Pavilion dv9700 CTO Notebook PC runnin Windows Vista Home Premium Edition x64. I have tried and failed multiple times. Is it even possible since I have a 64-bit OS?
- How to Install Mac OS X on PC. If you want to install Mac on PC, you have two basic options how to do it: you can either install the Mac OS X operating system directly on a drive or use a Mac emulator for Windows. The former option gives you the best performance you can get, while the latter option is a lot simpler.
Q runs on Mac OS X running on either an Intel processor or the older PowerPC G4/G5 processor. Depending on whether you run it on OS X Lion or earlier, it can emulate a PC (x86 or x8664 processor), a PowerPC (PPC), a G3, a Sun4m (32 bit Sparc processor), Sun4u (64 bit Sparc processor), Malta (32 bit MIPS processor) and a Mac99 PowerMac.
Install Windows on your Mac
Boot Camp is a utility that comes with your Mac and lets you switch between macOS and Windows. Download your copy of Windows 10, then let Boot Camp Assistant walk you through the installation steps.
Update AMD graphics drivers for Windows in Boot Camp
Download and install the latest AMD graphics drivers for Windows on Mac models that use AMD graphics.Update AMD graphics drivers for Windows
Use your Apple keyboard in Windows
You can use an Apple keyboard or a keyboard designed for Microsoft Windows with your Mac. Many of the keys that you'd see on a PC have equivalent keys on an Apple keyboard.Learn more about keyboards and Boot Camp
Have a question? Ask everyone.
The members of our Apple Support Community can help answer your question. Or, if someone’s already asked, you can search for the best answer.Ask now
Tell us how we can help
Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.Get support
Mac OS is the secondmost popular operating system after Microsoft Windows. Although you arecomfortable using Windows for a very long time but there are many scenarioswhere you need a Mac OS machine.
Whether you want to develop your iOS app on Xcode, using apps like Final Cut Pro or iMovie which only comes on Mac OS, you need to buy an expensive Apple Macbook. So, without making a hole in your pocket, the alternate solution to this installing Mac OS on your Windows computer. Let’s get started with this tutorial
Watch Video Tutorial
Step One: Download Mac OS ISO Image file
As you are on a Windows PC, you don’t have access to Apple Store to download Mac OS. You need to download Mac OS from an external trusted source. You can download the latest Mac OS Catalina 10.15 or Mac OS Mojave 10.14 Installer files from our website.
Mac Os X For Pc X64 64-bit
Step Two: Download Virtual Machine for Windows
There is various free Virtual Machine software available for Windows such as Oracle’s VirtualBox. But I recommend using VMware Workstation Pro, although it’s a paid software but you can use it free for 30 days trial. You can download Vmware Workstation Pro 15 from this link.
Mac Os X For Pc X64 10
Step Three: Install VMware Patch to run Mac OS X
- Go to the VMware macOS Unlocker page to download. Click the Clone or download button, then click Download ZIP.
- Power off all virtual machines running and exit VMware.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file in step 1.
- On Windows, right-click on the win-install.cmd file and select Run as Administrator to unlock. Also, run win-update-tools.cmd for VMware tools for macOS.
- After the unlock process is complete, run VMware to create the macOS virtual machine.
Step Four: Create an Apple Mac OS Virtual Machine
- Click File, select New Virtual Machine…
- Select Typical (recommended) and click Next.
- Select I will install the operating system later. and click Next.
- Select Apple Mac OS X in the Guest operating system section and select macOS 10.14 in the Version section. Click Next.
- In the Name, the Virtual Machine window, name the virtual machine and virtual machine directory. I personally would put it on a different drive than the system drive.
- Select the size for the new virtual disk in the Specify Disk Capacity window. This is the virtual disk to be installed macOS. Click Next and then Finish.
Step Five: Run you Mac OS Virtual Machine with VMDK or ISO file
After successfully creating an Apple Mac OS Virtual Machine, you need to run the machine with an actual Mac OS file such as Mac OS Mojave 10.14 ISO file or Mac OS Mojave 10.14 VMDK Image
Watch this Video Tutorial
If you face any driver issues, Try installing VMware tools from the VM tab in the VMware window. Also, I would recommend assigning a minimum of 4GB RAM and 40GB of Hard Disk to your Virtual Machine.
That’s it for the tutorial If you face any issues or had any query then please let us know in the comment section below. You can also send us an email via the contact us page for personalized support.