Check with various vendors if uncertain before attempting a downgrade. You have one more option once backed up, before attempting a full downgrade. Just repartition your hard drive. This option is available in Mac OS X 10.6 and higher as long as your machine supports the older operating system. To repartition your hard drive, read this link. Aug 20, 2020 Consider the severity of the issue. Before reverting to an earlier version of an Office installation, weigh the severity of the issue that you're experiencing against the benefits of having the security, performance, and reliability improvements that are included in the latest update.
After auto-updating Outlook to version 4.11.0, mail had stopped working. No new e-mails are delivered or shows that my Inbox is empty. Older version 4.9.0 still works properly. Is there any link to download the previous version? Or can i do a downgrade to the specified app? Outlook and Outlook for Mac: Update File Versions Article History Outlook and Outlook for Mac: Update File Versions. This Wiki page lists the MSI-based Outlook related file versions and updates with release dates and KB articles. Click an Outlook version to jump to that section as follows：. Umate Mac Cleaner is available for free download now so you can check out its capabilities first on your Mac. In case you are not a fan of macOS Big Sur and still want to downgrade your macOS, and are looking for a complete step by step process to guide you on how to downgrade from macOS Big Sur to Catalina, then you can read the detailed steps.
You may opt to downgrade your OS X, if you find any difficulty in using new version or if there is any problem with your OS installed. Obviously, you will backup everything before downgrading. But, there are chances where you might fail to backup or may forget to back up the data. If you are the one who lost data after OS X downgrade, then here are the simple ways to get them back.
Recovering Data After Downgrade OSX from Time Machine Backup
The first option from which you can get back your data is Time Machine Backup. It is possible only if you have enabled Time Machine Backup before downgrading. To recover data from Time Machine backup, do as follows-
- Go to System Preferences and then select Time Machine icon
- Then, check “Show Time Machine in menu bar” checkbox
- When Time Machine menu appears, select “Enter Time Machine”
- It will take you to Time Machine window and then select the file which you want to restore and click on Restore
If Time Machine Backup is not available, then you need to make use of a third party Mac Data Recovery software to recover data from Mac after OS X downgrade.
Data Recovery after Downgrade OS X using Remo Recover Mac
Remo Recover Mac tool will help you out in retrieving lost data from Mac OS X after downgrade. You have to follow few simple steps and all your files will be back.
Guide to Recover Data after Downgrade OSX using Remo Recover Mac
Click on Download Now button and get Remo Recover Mac. Install it by following on screen instructions and run the application.
Step 1: Select “Recover Volumes / Drives” option from the home screen
Figure 1: Main Window
Step 2: In the Next window, select Volume Recovery option
Figure 2: Select Volume Recovery
Step 3: Now, choose the drive from which file has to be recovered and click on Next button
Figure 3: Select volume
Step 4: The software scans and displays a list of recoverable files
Figure 4: List Recovered Data
Step 5: Select required files and save in any location of your choice
The software has Preview feature so that you can view recovered file before saving. If you are using demo version, then Save Recovery Session helps you to save the scanning results, which can be restarted once you activate the software using Open Recovery Session option.
Advantage of using this software is, you can use it in various data loss situations, like
- When you format your Mac OS X
- If you have lost data on Mac due to partition corruption
- In case, files are lost from Mac due to factory reset and OS reinstallation
Not only these, even it comes handy in many data loss disasters. Moreover, it is compatible with almost all versions of Mac OS X, including macOS Sierra.
If you are unhappy with the latest macOS Mojave 10.14 and wish to downgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13, then follow this blog religiously. Please note that you need to perform a few essential tasks in the downgrade process. You may even require a USB drive of at least 16 GB.
Before downgrading macOS Mojave, you must back up all the data; every single piece of your important files/folders to an external storage drive. The backup ensures you do not lose critical data due to complete drive erasure and subsequent installation of macOS High Sierra.
Also Read, How to Recover Data from macOS Mojave Start-up Disk?
1st Way—Use macOS High Sierra That Was Shipped with Your Mac
- Back up all the data from Mojave to an external SSD or HDD.
- Restart macOS Mojave 10.14 and instantly press and hold Command + R keys. Release the keys when apple logo appears. Your Mac will boot into Recovery Mode.
- On the “macOSUtilities” window, click “ReinstallmacOS”. Carry out the on-screen instructions to initiate the reinstallation process.
- Allow the Mac to perform a complete factory reset. Once the reinstallation process is over, your Mac will boot into macOS High Sierra.
2nd Way—Use macOS High Sierra That You Backed Up with Time Machine
- Boot your macOS into Recovery Mode.
- On the “macOSUtilities” window, choose “RestorefromTimeMachineBackup”.
- Select Time Machine backup drive or Time Capsule then select “Connect to Remote Disk”.
- Select the date and time from where you want to restore. Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete the restoration process of macOS High Sierra.
ReadMore: Recover Mac Data without Time Machine Backup
3rd Way—Create macOS High Sierra Bootable Installer then Reinstall macOS
- Open AppStore, then download macOS High Sierra installer (which is around 5 GB).
- Quit the installer once it opens. Go to Application folder to find the Install macOS High Sierra app. Right click on it and select ShowPackageContents. Go to Contents > Resources > createinstallmedia.
- Plug in a USB drive (at least 16 GB) to your Mac. Ensure it does not contain any valuable data; copy the data if necessary to an external storage medium to avoid data loss.
- Go to Applications > Utilities. Double-click Terminal to open the app.
- Type sudo <drag and drop the “createinstallmedia” icon to add its path> – –volume <drag and drop the USB drive from Desktop to add its path>
- Hit Return. Enter Admin Password. When prompted to erase the drive, type Y then hit Return. Wait till the Terminal displays Done, then quit Terminal.
Reinstall macOS High Sierra by Using the Bootable Installer
Outlook For Mac Os
- Connect the USB drive with bootable macOS High Sierra installer.
- Restart the Mac and hold the Option Key.
- From the Select boot disk window, choose the macOS High Sierra installer. The process of installing High Sierra will begin. Mac will restart once the installation is over.
New Outlook Mac
Hope, this blog helped you downgrade macOS Mojave to macOS high Sierra easily. Backup is the key to downgrade since it ensures no data is lost while the downgrade is done.
Outlook For Mac Download Address Book
In case you have undergone data loss after macOS High Sierra downgrade, leverage the free trial version of Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac.