Easy and free screen recorder for Mac, Windows, and Chromebooks. Record your camera and screen with audio directly from your Chrome browser and share the video with your team, friends, and family. FREE Hi-Q Recorder by Rick Roemer (Roemer Software) is a piece of software that can record sounds from various online streams (radio, webcasts, etc.). Sadly, there is no version of FREE Hi-Q Recorder for Mac available for download, so, you will have to use other applications to record Internet streams on Mac. Voice recorder mac free download - Apowersoft Mac Audio Recorder, Aiseesoft Mac Screen Recorder, MorphVOX Mac Voice Changer, and many more programs.
There are tones of game recording software on the market, many of which claim to be the best game recorder, but which one is right for you best? When you choose the best free screen recorder for game capture, you need to consider the user-interface, output format, FPS speed supported, benchmark-setting, the sharpness of video screen, and the utmost price.
To save your time, we cover the top 16 best game recording software for PC and Mac here, including free and paid. In order to help you understand each product faster, we have listed their important advantages and disadvantages, hoping to help you quickly judge and find the best game recording software that suits your needs most.
See also:How to Record Gameplay on PC Without Lag >>>
Top 11 Best Game Recorder for Windows 10/8/7
You can use the following best game recording software for Xbox, PS4, and other game recordings. If you don't want to invest any money, choose the free game recorders as you need.
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a versatile free video recording software for both beginners and professionals. Using this software, you can easily capture any area of your screen (full screen, a selected region, or a specific window), record any audio coming from your computer, and record your webcam with high-quality. Apart from that, EaseUS RecExperts is an amazing game recorder for Windows 10 PC. You can record various high-quality and popular 2D/3D games in 4K resolution. Before recording gameplay, you can create a recording task to set the start time and stop time for the recording. When you are finishing the job, you can directly share the gameplay video to the social media platforms.
- Easy to use
- Record gameplay and your voice at the same time
- Record computer audio (system sound or microphone)
- Support to create the recording tasks automatically
- Allow you to edit the video by adding texts, lines, arrows, etc while recording
- Export the recording files in different formats
- Only available for Windows
How to record gameplay on Windows 10 with EaseUS RecExperts? Just download it and follow the below steps.
Step 1. Start your favorite game and launch EaseUS RecExperts. Choose 'Record game' from the menu
Step 2. Select the frame rate you want to record, as well Variable or Constant frame rate.
Click the red button 'REC' and your recording will start. You will see a small bar, which shows the time of your record.
Step 3. You can choose as well the Task Scheduler, where you can define the recording area and the audio input. Also, you can define exactly the starting date and time and the duration of the record.
Step 4. Once done, you can edit the record footage with the built-in video editor. On the recorded video you can add Video Intro (in the demo case the title is 'Demo Epic Games').
Finally, you can export the ready to use video clip in the appropriate video format.
2. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar/DVR Tool
Xbox Game Bar is a pre-installed game recording software on Windows 10 that allows you to capture game clips and screenshots. The game bar can be used to record apps, especially for gaming capture. It's able to record most PC games, enables you to instantly access to widgets for screen and sharing, finding teammates with LFG, chatting with friends across Xbox console, mobile, and PC without leaving your game.
- User-friendly, convenient to use
- Record video with audio
- No time limit for recording video, ad-free
- Completely free video recording software without watermark
- Edit the video after recording, such as trim the beginning and end of videos
- Record apps only, not available for recording full screen or a specific region
- No pause function when recording the video
- Limited video editing features
3. Open Broadcaster Software
OBS Studio is a popular open-source and flexible game recorder tool that works well for live streaming games on Twitch and recording other information as well. It is the preferred tool for a lot of gamers out there. You are not required to change any special settings, just select the source which you would like to record and start recording. OBS is capable of recording in MP4 and FLV formats at a 1:1 ratio.
After recording, the application streams with various platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Hitbox, Twitch, and more.
- Free and open source
- Multiple platforms supported: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Various plugins to enhance the experience
- Support for most live streaming platforms
- Entirely free, with no limitations
- Not the most user-friendly UI
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lacks of built-in video editing functions
Bandicam screen recorder is one of the well-known software in terms of screen recording, a free game recording software as well. This best game recorder enables you to record at high bitrates and frames. You can record games at flexible frame rates and 4K Ultra HD resolution. What's more, it offers the compression feature that makes sure the recorded game video is in a small size without quality loss. The recordings can be used for gaming or other PC activities.
- Support three recording modes - Screen Recording, Game Recording, and Device Recording
- Record game in full-screen, region, webcam, and microphone
- Support real-time drawing, add webcam overlay, schedule recording, mix voice, add mouse effect, etc.
- Built-in compression feature
- Not cheap
- Lack of built-in video editor
- The unregistered version record game video with watermark
5. Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi is a nice and free game recording software that enables you to record screen and audio at the same time. It supports resolution up to 4K. In addition, you can sync webcam and microphone voice-over with an on-going screen recording. It provides a lot of video editing features so you can edit the recorded game video, for example, convert a video into GIF; trim, cut, and join videos; add animated titles and special effects, and much more.
- Modern user interface and easier navigation
- Set up the recording parameters
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Comes with many editing tools
- Supports screen resolution up to 4K
- Convert screen recording to GIF instantly
- A bit expensive
- Limited features in the free trial version
6. Nvidia GeForce Experience
Nvidia Geforce Experience, another best free game recorder, enables you to capture and share videos, screenshots, and live streams with friends. Keep your drivers up to date and optimize your game settings. Apart from updating your Nvidia drivers, this software provides Nvidia's Shadowplay feature, allowing you to record games easily. The software can record at the same resolution as your display, so if you have a 4K panel, your recordings will also be in 4K.
- If you have an Nvidia GPU, the GeForce Experience is free to use
- Simple and straightforward
- Use GPU to handle encoding
- Share gameplay videos and live streams on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
- Work only with Nvidia GPUs
- Not as versatile as other professional screen recording software
Fraps is another great game recording software for Windows 10/8/7. There are too many and settings and configurations. Fraps can put out some massive files due to its benchmarking nature which provides you a wide range of resolutions. You can set the video capture frame rate manually and it can go from 30 to 120FPS. There is also an option to enter a custom FPS value where you can set the frame rate even below 30. You can use this game recorder to record both screen and audios through external input or system sound.
- User-friendly interface and simple to use
- Handles a wide variety of resolutions
- Benchmarking feature and statistics embedded
- Highlight cursor and capture audio from an external input device
- Recorded video size is high
- Lack of editing tools
- The free version has some limitations, including a watermark and limited recording time
Action, another excellent game recorder on the market. You can use this software to record a real-time game in high definition. This gaming software is compatible with any version of Windows and supports more than one video format - AVI and MP4. It's able to output high-quality MP4 @ 60fps gaming clips by utilizing Intel QSV, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD APP hardware acceleration. It is a competent game recording and video editing software for YouTube. After recording, Action allows you to stream videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Livestream, Ustream, etc.
- Good stability while recording game
- Supports live streaming on different platforms
- User-friendly interface
- 4K support
- Frame rates cannot be customized
- struggle on older machines; require a decent spec machine
- In free mode, game recording time is limited to 10 minutes
9. LOILO Game Recorder
LoiLo game recorder is a lightweight free game recording software. It offers enables you to record ongoing video games and edit the recorded game video with various features. This best game recording software supports Motion-JPEG. With this file format, you are to reach the best balance between file size and image quality. And it shows the least performance loss compared to any competitor's non-free software.
- User-friendly interface, easy-to-use
- Minimal performance loss
- Record your games for free without any limitation
- Create outstanding Full HD video in reasonable file size
- Not compatible with Windows Vista, XP, and Windows 10
10. Xsplit Gamecaster
XSplit Gamecaster is one of the best game recorders out there. It is compatible with Twitch. It can record your game and chooses the appropriate settings according to your computer's properties without manual customization. What's more, it comes with variable video editing features, such as picture-in-picture mode, watermarks, video annotations, and social media integration. After game recording, you can share the videos with social media platforms easily.
- Enough features are embedded in the free version
- Offer many video editing options
- Record locally or stream to all popular platforms with one click
- Advanced features only come with a monthly subscription
- It's a little expensive
Dxtory is another best game recorder software in this list that offers tons of features for game recording. In fact, it is one of the lightest software, yet quite comprehensive. The interface is extremely user-friendly, which makes it very simple to understand all settings and adjust them. This program record a lossless video of the highest possible quality, thus you need to prepare a lot of space for the captures. You can record screen with game sound or microphone's sound at the same time. In the video settings, you can customize video codecs, frames per second from 10-120, sources, size, and format.
- Extremely flexible
- Intuitive and clear user interface
- Plenty of customization options for a video codec, sizes, and formats
- Require a lot of free space on your hard drive without compression
- Annoying trial notification
- Not suitable for ordinary users
Top 5 Best Game Recording Software for Mac
If you want to record a game or whatever happening on your Mac screen, try out with the top five best free game recording software on Mac listed below.
1. Quick Time Player
QuickTime Player is the default Mac video player, but it's more than a video player. You can use QuickTime Player to do video recording for free, including game recording. It also has some basic video editing options, such as cut, copies, and pastes, adds a new soundtrack, adds annotations, rotates your video, and more. QuickTime game recording software uses onscreen controls, which are similar to a CD or DVD player.
- Small and intuitive interface
- Record audio with video simultaneously
- Record Skype videos in full screen
- Ability to save videos from the web
- Provide video editing features to create beautiful video and share it via email
- Limited recording and editing functionality
- System audio recording is not possible
Camtasia is an advanced video recording and editing tool. It's also a competent game recording software. You are free to change the recording settings and adjust the recording window size. It also supports you to record with a camera, microphone. As a comprehensive video editing software, Camtasia offers some advanced video editing features to assist users in adding effects, text, transitions, etc., fantastic features to the target video.
- Record full screen, window, region, webcam, and microphone
- Feature a video editor to edit recorded game video as imported videos
- Supports green screen effect to make it seem as if you are a part of the action
- Easy to incorporate animated items, like callouts and scrolling text
- Only free for 30 days with watermark
- Cost is high for ordinary users
Monosnap is a free best game recorder for Mac. You can use this program to record your screen and take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. This software can be used to capture a selected window or just a small part of the screen. After video recording, you can connect the cloud drives such as Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex. Disk, Box.com, Google Drive, or FTPs to upload recorded videos to share with other PCs and smartphones.
- Totally free without feature limitation
- Record video as well as system sound
- Record in 60fps to ensure an ultra-smooth playback
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrow, and shape
- Export to monosnap.com, Youtube, and other cloud platforms
- Video editing is not possible
- Mobile devices cannot be recorded
VLC is a free and open-source video recording software, as well as a free game recorder, available for cross-platform, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It's great music and video player of any format, including WMA, AAC, AIF, MP3, and much more on your computer. You can use it as a free screen video capture software with the built-in screen recording features.
- Simple and clean user interface
- Completely free and open source
- A simple and efficient way to create screen recordings
- Offer various alluring customized skins
- No audio recording options
- No video editing options
- Only record the entire screen
Screenflick is a macOS app focused on the core essentials of screen recording and game recording: providing the highest quality screen and audio capture, and delivering the key tools needed to communicate your screen experience to your viewers. This program enables you to create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects, and export to multiple sizes, frame rates, and formats whenever needed.
- User-friendly and well-streamlined interface
- Record screen in the whole screen, a section, or a specific window
- One-click type audio recording facility
- Strives to be as efficient as possible
- Record audio, including system audio, your Mac's microphone, or external mic
- Don't support Livestream, timeline editing, adding annotations
- Require OS X 10.10 or Later
To Sum Up
That's it. These are the top 16 best game recording software for Windows and Mac, both free and paid. They have their disadvantages and advantages, some with video editing function, some have no or limited ones. If you are a beginner, you can choose some free and simple-to-use game recording software. For advanced game recording, you can select the high-level tools.
For beginners working on Windows, we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts. This game recording software is easy to use yet powerful. You can not only record gameplay but capture your screen, audio, and webcam with it. And after recording, you can simply edit it by adding images or watermarks, changing its speed, or compressing the recording file, then you can upload it to the social media platforms.
FAQs About Best Game Recording Software
1. What is the best video game recording software?
There is a lot of video game recording software available on the market. If you are a novice, EaseUS RecExperts is the best option for you. It allows you to record gameplay with a few simple clicks. Apart from that, you also can use it to capture screen, audio, even your webcam according to your needs.
2. What recording software do Youtubers use?
The most common screen recording software used by YouTubers are EaseUS RecExperts, OBS Studio, ShareX, Xsplit...
Screen Recorder For Mac Free
3. How do I record my gameplay?
To record your gameplay, you need a useful game recording software. Here you can try EaseUS RecExperts.
Jul 18,2019 • Filed to: Record Audio • Proven solutions
Nowadays, internet provides people with convenience to share music, audio, videos, live streaming and radio stations for others to access and enjoy. And there are a number of free streaming audio recorder online software that allows you to record the streaming music directly on the website. But there might be this or that limitation for these audio recorder. So how to choose the best audio recorder? Here we will share with you the top 7 best free streaming audio recorder for Mac and Windows PC. Just choose any one to start recording music for free.
Part 1. Top 3 Free Streaming Audio Recorder for Mac
With iMusic, you will be able to record any audio played on your Mac and Windows PC. This software records audio without losing quality and saves recorded audio in MP3 and M4A format, which is widely used and supported by many kinds of portable devices. iMusic offers all the features you need to discover, download, record and even transfer music:
iMusic - Best Audio Recorder on Windows/Mac You Deserve to Own
- Built-in music library allows you search for music by genre, artist, top lists, etc.
- Allow users to download music from the built-in music library for totally free.
- Support downloading music from over 3000 music sites by copying and pasting.
- Record any song you need, if you can play the song, then you can record it.
- Get the information for downloaded and recorded songs automatically, including album, artist, genre, and cover.
- Transfer music between iTunes, Android phones, iPhone, iPod and iPad without any hassle.
How to Record Streaming Audio with iMusic
iMusic is compatible with macOS 10.5 or later, including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 EL Capitan and 10.10 Yosemite, and Windows 10. The initial thing is to download and install this streaming audio recorder software. Then you can follow the tutorial below to finish streaming audio recording.
To begin to download music, simply download and install iMusic on your computer. Lauch it and click the 'GET MUSIC tab'. From there, clickc the third tab 'RECORD'.
Why Choose iMusic Audio Recorder
What You Will Need:
A Computer; iMusic
Best Screen Recorder For Mac Free
Variable depending on the file size.
Steps to Record Streaming Audio by iMusic
Step 1. Start Recording Audio Stream
Download and install the program on your computer. Launch it, click 'GET MUSIC' and navigate to 'RECORD'. Click the red Record button to start recording. Navigate to the stream audio that you want to download and play it. Audio Recorder will detect the sound and begin to recording it for you.
Step 2. Check the Recorded Songs
When the recording is finished, you can click the LIBRARY tab to access the files. The program will automatically tag songs with the information the software has detected, including album, artist, and cover. Double click on the music then you can play it with the inbuilt music player.
Apowersoft Audio Recorder
This free audio recorder for Mac can record any sound your computer produces. It has both Mac and Windows version. Apowersoft Audio Recorder can also produce output files in several formats such as AAC, MP3, etc. This tool not only works as an exceptional audio recorder, but also serves the purpose of free audio editing software, CD burner/ripper and audio converter. Just get this audio recorder for free to enjoy your lovely music.
However, it limits its users to 128 kbps recordings, which is on the low end of acceptable audio quality. And it only allows its users record audio in a maximum of 3 minutes and it can only download one track at a time.
Free Sound Recorder
As the name indicates, this free computer audio recorder is a completely free to use streaming audio recorder. Without spending a dime you will be able to record music from your sound card. This software only has a Windows version and is not available for Linux and Mac. This Free Sound Recorder produces output audio files in several different formats, like OGG, MP3, etc.
Part 2. Top 4 Free Streaming Audio Recorder for Windows 10
If you want to record audio on Windows PC, we recommend you to use iMuisc. This audio recorder is easy-to-use and allows you to record music from any sites and audio applications. It can detect the music you are playing and enables you to record the music in only 1 click. It works with a virtual sound card so you will get the audio file in 100% original quality.
What's more, you can customize the output audio and set the format as MP3 or M4A. You can also make ringtones with the recorded music. The recorded music will be saved to iTunes library, letting you transfer them to your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phones, creating car playlists and burning to CDs, etc.
Audacity by the Audacity Developers Inc sits on the top echelon of audio recorders. A position it has earned itself over the years as a result of the multi-featured, easy-to-use interface that it spots. Being one of the most responsive software available today, Audacity has the capability of recording from directly from your laptop's microphone, line input or even via a USB/firewire. The developer also made it sensitive enough to be able to pick up sound from the general computer playback.
Even better, you could edit, enhance and convert clips recorded using this software to various other formats such MP3, WAV, FLAC etc.
- One of the most feature-rich audio-recorder programs available today.
- Has a built in easy to use, simplified platform.
- Doesn't support VST plugins. However, you can always download them separately.
- Some users have reported experiencing difficulty in installing the program on their machines especially after the latest Windows 8 update by Microsoft.
At just 283.3KB, Wavosaur is perhaps one of the most easily portable Windows streaming audio recorder software today. In spite of its small size, the program still manages to trump other mainstream application in terms of overall quality delivery. The platform is additionally easy to use, especially if you have some prior background in media recording. The feature-set might not be as rich as Audacity's, but you will still have everything you might expect from any decent audio recorder program.
- Very portable and easy to download or install.
- Reasonably feature-rich given its size and relatively easy user-interface.
- Don't expect premium applications' level of functionality here, but this is expected considering that it's a freeware.
- The developer is not known for being timely in releasing new updates for this program. You could be stuck with one dashboard for months.
If you need a decent multi-track recorder, mixer, and audio sequencer, then this free streaming audio recorder for Windows could easily fit your bill. Unlike the above two applications, Kristal Audio is designed as a modular system. The developer, however, has done a remarkable job in packing it with the majority of essential features such as VST effects, metronome control, and a performance meter.
Macro Recorder For Mac Free
- The mixer window has 16 'wavers' meaning it has the capacity to recording 16 tracks and manipulating them at-a-go.
- Being a modular system, some users have complained in it being comparatively difficult to use.
- Does not support saving of the recordings to traditional or popular formats such as MP3.