VMware Tools is one of important components for virtual machine (VM) in order get excellent performance. It is a group of utilities that help to enhances the overall performance of the virtual machine’s guest operating system (OS) and improves management of the VM. Without the VMware Tools, guest OS performance will lacks some of the important functionality. Below steps shows how to install the VMware Tools on RHEL 7, CentOS 7 and Oracle Linux 7.
How to Install VMware Tools ?
Then unzip with 7-Zip and find the VMware Tools iso here (not sure which is best darwin or darwinPre15.iso (not sure if it references VMware workstation version or MacOS version, i’d guess Mac OS version): com.vmware.fusion.zip com.vmware.fusion payload VMware Fusion.app Contents Library isoimages darwin.iso. If you use VMware Fusion or ESXi on a computer with an Apple label, you can create Mac OS X Server (10.5 or later) virtual machines and install VMware Tools. Power on the virtual machine. Verify that the guest operating system is running.
Login with your login password. When you choose VM Install VMware Tools from the VMware Workstation menu, VMware Workstation temporarily connects the virtual machine’s first virtual CD-ROM drive to the ISO image file that contains the VMware Tools installer for your guest operating system and you are ready to begin the installation process. Mac veterans have been singing Alfred's praises for years, but some of Apple’s newer users might not have heard about the mighty app launcher. Free to all but the most serious professionals. This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X / macOS from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 11.5.0 VMware are no longer including the ISO images as separate 'packages' in the CDS respository as of Fusion 11.5.0, instead the ISO images are included as part of the 'core' download which is 522 MB.
Option 1 (Recommended by VMware) – VMware support of open-vm-tools
open-vm-tools is an open source implementation of VMware Tools from third parties and contains utilities that enhances virtualization management, administration and functions of the virtual machine in VMware environments. The ultimate goal is to enable the operating system vendors and/or communities and virtual appliance vendors to bundle VMware Tools into their product releases.
Vmtools Macos High Sierra
Option 2 :
1. Install prerequisites :
2. Attach the vmware tools sofware from vSphere client.
3. Mount the vmware tools package into /mnt :
4. Copy vmware tool packagae into /tmp :
5. Go to /tmp directory and extract the vmware tools package :
Vmtools For Mac Os X Download
6. Go to extracted folder, vmware-tools-distrib :
7. Run vmware-install.pl to start installation :
Vmtools Mac Os X
8. Once successfully installed, make sure you umount back the /mnt :
- How to install VMware Tools in Linux VM
VMware Tools is a group of utilities that enhances the overall performance of the virtual…
- How to Install VMware Tools on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 (RHEL 6.2)
This post will shows how to install VMware Tools on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2…
- How to Install VMware Tools on a Solaris Guest
It is recommended to install VMware Tools in the guest operating system. Although the guest…
- How to Fix 'Failed to Install VMware Tools' Error
Question : I am trying to install VMware tools on CentOS and RHEL but failed…
- How to Install open-vm-tools in CentOS 6.6
Q. How to install open-vm-tools in linux CentOS 6.6 ? A. VMware is announcing the…
For macOS virtual machines you install or upgrade VMware Tools using an installer assistant.
If you use VMware Fusion or ESXi on a computer with an Apple label, you can create Mac OS X Server (10.5 or later) virtual machines and install VMware Tools.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Verify that the guest operating system is running.
- Select the menu command to mount and open the VMware Tools virtual disc on the guest operating system.
Menu Command vSphere Client Inventory > Virtual Machine > Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and select Interactive Tools Installation or Interactive Tools Upgrade vSphere Web Client Right-click the virtual machine in the vCenter inventory and select All vCenter Actions > Guest OS > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools Fusion Virtual Machine > Install (or Upgrade) VMware Tools
- Open Install VMware Tools on the VMware Tools virtual disc, follow the prompts in the installer assistant, and click OK.
The virtual machine restarts to have VMware Tools take effect.